Friday, May 09, 2008

from afar

bitter tears are streaming down faces...
acidic after-taste of gun powder and smoke...
and the sound of violence ripping through the space:
of a divided country, conquered street, forgotton home.

those within are surviving, those without are praying...
those afar are helpless...and those too close are remote...

and the speeches have left no companions,
but those in arms, ready to fight
and while brother buries brother, another day begins
without promise, without sun
the open battles rage, and the children grow up too soon

from afar my heart is bleeding
from afar memories are fleeting back
from afar i am with you
always with you

and i am engulfed by helplessness...
and i am worried
and i cannot but think of loved ones all over lebanon...
in conflict zones.. and silent zones

all scarred
all fearful
all waiting, hoping for a better tomorrow

it feels surreal..
i want to go back,
to be with you,
to be by your side

it is raining here and there
the pain is everywhere

as i watch the muddy waters stream past
i want them to wash away all this suffering
but i am no longer so naive
and im no longer making sense
and everything is put into perspective
future and past
present
now
here
there

with you
for you

take care
stay safe
stay humane

remember that somewhere in this world
you matter to someone
you matter to me

and i will not let you
forget your humanity

and i will be there
to hold you close

and i will whisper dreams

and we will be strong

and we will stay together
through it all

2 Comments:

At Saturday, May 17, 2008 , Blogger Unknown said...

That was more powerful than every news analysis that I have read. I will be right there with you thinking, caring, hoping, praying...

 
At Monday, May 19, 2008 , Blogger A.Gazzaz said...

"stay humane"
I just realised that I am loosing my humanity.
I am like an Ostrich burying my head in the sand no in the dirt, avoiding news, TV and anything that can bring reality a little closer and just concentrating on anything that will just pass my time, while others are being killed, and not just by anybody, by brothers.

Brothers killing brothers and I am just letting all this pass. and all what I say is WHAT CAN I DO?!!!

still I am suffering with this horrible question and I can not find the answer

WHAT CAN I DO?!!!

PS: This is the first blog post I ever replied to.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home