Tuesday, July 25, 2006

For me - For you

I have been trying to forget. I am not turning on the tv and I am not listening to the news. And yet this feeling of desperation is seeping into my soul. My best friend, who arrived from Canada less than a month ago is leaving again tomorrow, and we might not even get to say goodbye face to face.

Reality is dragging us down, killing our dreams... A young woman reporter was killed yesterday; she was only 22. I am a year older than she was. I also dream of writing professionally and being heard by everyone in the world. I identify with her and i cannot get her out of my mind. She's so young, she's younger than me. Would I be ready to die tomorrow?

You know at first, I would write for me. Then I started writing for you. Now again, it is all for me. Words used to bring me comfort, and now they are doing no good. They are only making me realise the futility of the situation we are in, and I wonder; how long will we have to be brave? For how long will we bear the consequences? Are we making a difference? Does it count? Is it selfish to consider such thoughts? For me - and for you, I hope to have answers soon... though I know that such quests are a journey rather than a destination.

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, July 25, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't know you wanted to write professionally... I think you could / can / are.

I think everyone gets fatigue after watching the news this week -even me - even my flatmate - in a different continent from the war. Give yourself time to build up again, get strong. You'll come through, I believe you will stay safe.

Love Jenny

 
At Saturday, August 12, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

 
At Thursday, August 17, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home