Thursday, January 25, 2007

Diary of a Lebanese Road...

Assaulted in the morning, senses set aflame...
Toxic smoke erupting...
Consuming...
Overwhelming...

I am broken... into parts...
That do not lead to one another anymore...

I am miscommunication...
I am anger...
I am fear...

My gray scarred with black, my white faded...
I am a battlefield of wills...
All are remnants of the past battling for the future...

Insults are traded, rocks are thrown...
Humanity rising with the smoke...

Why?
Yesterday all passed equally above me.
All headed for their different destinations freely...

Caught between the over-zealous and the indifferent...
Mistaking each as the solution...
I am left burning...
Decomposing...
Disappearing...

The sun sets, and the wind rises...
I am still burning...
Inside, I am charred...

There is no going back to yesterday...
and what a way to face tomorrow...

Grey has turned to black, and white is no more...
I have been wounded to the very core.

2 Comments:

At Thursday, January 25, 2007 , Blogger Unknown said...

Your words say so much more than the news headlines ever could. Stay safe and I am thinking of you.

 
At Sunday, February 04, 2007 , Blogger fa6am* said...

Its heartbreaking what things had gone up to.
May god give you strength.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home