Friday, January 26, 2007

A student's thoughts

I rushed to university yesterday, ready to do my best in order to succeed and open new doors for myself.

I want to stay in Lebanon and make a difference in my country; I am not one of those who pine for other lands with better job offers and salaries. I was going to contribute... and now, even the opportunity to better myself and improve my country has been taken away...

Close by, people who were friends a while ago are now at each other's throats. Desks are now painful instruments, sports facilities are now battlefields.

I think we have just failed the most important exam of all, the test of our humanity. And now our soul will be forevermore condemned to study for the qualifying exam before He who knows all things and who taught us that the most important commandment of all, is LOVE.

2 Comments:

At Saturday, January 27, 2007 , Blogger Unknown said...

I am so sorry, Joumanna. I wish I could do something to make all of this violence stop. I wish we could find another way to solve our problems.

 
At Tuesday, January 30, 2007 , Blogger Shirin said...

I know what you mean… I also try to make a difference in my own little way… that would be by cynical and original drawings in my blog

shirin-from-lebanon.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home