Thursday, February 22, 2007

24*

I will be turning 24 on the 24th of march this year... I don't know why this realization is filling me with the urge and need to feel, to touch, to experience, to achieve, to rebel, to dream, to do something extraordinary, to mark this year, to make it stand out and to set it apart... but it is... it is a milestone calling me to accomplish something, to start with a new part of my life, to continue, to pursue, to bring closure, to put my opinions first, to establish myself as an adult, an independent being, a unique soul... I feel like I owe it to myself... If I don't take risks and enjoy and experiment at 24, will I ever?

Here goes the wish list I want to achieve:
get a cat tattoo
find + buy my house
write professionally
expose my photographs
practice a new sport (such as horseback riding)
start playing the guitar again
find inner peace
reach the "date" that allows me to live as a couple
further myself professionally (workshops/courses/lectures)
lose weight
develop my own fashion sense
feel beautiful at all times
...

2 Comments:

At Friday, March 02, 2007 , Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!
Take risks. Follow your heart. Your writing tells me that you are a thoughtful person who can make a positive difference in the world. In fact, your blog is one of my favorites. Enjoy your 24th year.

 
At Sunday, March 04, 2007 , Blogger jarvenpa said...

Indeed, happy birthday. Yes, it is good to start taking risks, and to know what you want--but don't worry, you can still take risks and be wonderful much later in life as well. I'm sure it helps to start practising now, however. Your list reminds me a lot of one I made at about your age--though mine didn't have a tattoo in it and probably had "become a famous poet" in it as well. I was then too young to realize "famous" and "poet" rarely go together in a sentence.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home