Friday, January 15, 2010

thank you*

Today I take a moment to humbly acknowledge and thank those special women who have helped me through my tumultuous journey last year. I recognize that although it was a great challenge, I was not abandoned, and have somehow emerged with a patched up heart, confident spirit and an abundance of hope.

This post is a humble thank you from the bottom of my heart to those unique women who were there for me, who appeared next to each cross-road, each dark cave, and every mountain summit... women i had not known before, some i had taken for granted, some whom i will never meet again... and some who have departed to the soul realm.

I was surprised by their strength, their no-nonsense attitude, their honesty and their kindness, but mostly by their generosity... they listened, patiently, to my sobs, to my pleas, to my ramblings... and they offered me their positive energy and prayers. * They held me, when rocked by fear, i was crouching within the confines of my soul, revisited by ghosts of long ago: namely the Ghost of Abandonement, the Ghost of Solitude, and the Ghost of Failure. * They nudged me into the sunlight and let me bask in the warmth of their friendship. * They reminded me of the infinite possibilities waiting for me... that the choice was mine, to accept, to resist, to let go, or to give in - and that whatever choice was the right one as long as i was being true to myself. * They took out the dusty pieces in me, the ones i overlooked, and showed me how beautiful they could be. * They told me it was never too late to start over, that dreams are timeless, and hope eternal. * They saw the warrior in me, and kept my fighting will alive. * They gave me a compass and waited for me to plot my future path. * They were there for me, in each in her own special way, at a totally unique moment, at the most needed times.

For these angels, disguised as mothers, sisters, friends... i lift a silent prayer of thanks, asking that many blessings be sent your way... as i too promise to pay it forward...



Dedicated to AA-V-HM-FM-WA-LM-SB

1 Comments:

At Friday, January 22, 2010 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't stop posting such articles. I like to read stories like this. BTW add more pics :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home