Monday, January 25, 2010

Silent Prayer

Yesterday, I went to pick up my parents from the airport, and as I stood waiting for them to emerge from behind those sliding doors, I could not help but think of all those times when I was returning to Barcelona after some trip and would have no one waiting for me at the airport... and I felt very sad...

For me, the best part of landing, or coming home, was having someone to greet you, whose eyes glistened with happiness at the sight of you, safe and sound, just a warm embrace away...


Today, I offer a silent prayer for the people who died in Beirut... 

in that plane that took off, but never landed... 

for those passengers who reached a different destination...

that some might still call home...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home