Saturday, August 12, 2006

Hoping for a Ceasefire

Headache, dreadful headache, pounding at my temples...

Stop!

Don't you realise that tonight, things could change?

Since I have aged considerably during this war, I have acquired some habits I used to associate with my parents, namely listening to the news and hushing everyone around me in order to give it my undivided attention.

Damn.
The unrelentless pounding is blinding me.

I hope the UN resolution can lead to a ceasefire. And so, even though my head is waging a war with itself, I will stay awake to listen to the result of the vote. The ironic part is that even though a ceasefire may be imminent the air raids are still as invasive as ever.

I wonder why...

I just wish we can stop destroying one another and start on the more important task at hand, rebuilding...

3 Comments:

At Saturday, August 12, 2006 , Blogger Sarmad said...

I feel for you. There will be a cease fire soon, it's quite obvious. Hang in there.

 
At Saturday, August 12, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

we pray to GOD the almighty for peace and love all through the world and a soon cease fire.we pray for yu all.An Indian woman.

 
At Saturday, August 12, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hope that this ceasefire will be lasting, even though ive heard it before..... be brave....as you have been..and as you have to be picking up the pieces and glueing them together.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home