Thursday, August 03, 2006

The world as seen by... children

Working for so many years with children, has left me fascinated by their innocence, this sense of wonder with which they behold the world...

They are curious, full of life.
They are hopeful.
They believe in dreams.
They aspire to be great when they grow up.
They forgive.
They love unconditionally.
They see the best in one another.
They always keep their promises.
They laugh.

All children do. It doesn't matter where they were born, who their parents are, and what their family name is. Children will marvel at life... until they grow up.

Today, I met some refugee children who are living with their families in a school close to my home. They were happily listening to a story, drawing, and asking questions. I promised to return on Saturday so we could play some games.

It felt good to reconnect with that part of me that was a child, and found joy in the little things. I wonder why do we grow old?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home