Tuesday, August 08, 2006

My Contribution

Writing.
All I can do is write, and all I can write about is the storm occuring in my soul. When I started this blog, I had never done it before and it was a way of venting my frustration. Several posts later, it became a mission, the only thing I looked forward to daily. Now it is a thread linking me to an invisible network of people who know me intimately and voice their concern too.
My speeches are slowly turning into conversations, poetic words finding solace...

I am being depleted.
I feel empty because my weary soul has escaped and hidden in the recesses of my heart.

My words echo and return to me, distorted.
We are all prisoners, they say - trapped in our house - in our land - in our nation.
We are being isolated and left to ponder the fate of others, like us, stuck with no way out.
As blasts of light fill an empty sky... and then darkness... I wonder...
How many families will be offered on the altar of sacrifice?
How many will leave their homes?
How many will have nothing to return to?
How many will not return?

Today, they found people buried alive in Houla. Can anyone imagine a more torturous situation?
While I still have the comfort of my home, they were trapped under theirs, huddled together, not knowing their fate. Parents and children, sharing a cramped, dark space; the sound of lullabies filling the air as mothers sing their babies to sleep.

This was their prayer...
And this is mine... as long as I still find the words...

5 Comments:

At Tuesday, August 08, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please continue to find the words, whether they be poetic or screamed out in anger and agony. We read, we think, we understand, we cry....

And trying to comprehend the evil nature of hate between people, in a war it seemed even the devil has left....

Please keep the hope!

 
At Tuesday, August 08, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know that feeling of beeing speechless, I`m sitting in front of my laptop reading your words and AGAIN AND AGAIN sadness reaches me right in the middle of my heart, I`m crying for Lubnan, all my friends, all the people, all of you...my husband is still in Beirut, but as a refugee from the south, he came just for a holiday,haha....and every single of my lebanese friends here in Berlin/Germany has lost at least one of his family, there`s one who lost all members of twelf, he getting completely crazy.....we are sitting here watching,DISCUSSING making telefone calls as far as possible and I found the Beirut Live Blogstite about 2 weeks ago and I really want to tell you, it`s so good,that all you artists, writers, teachers and so on are talking, writing, drawing, protesting on this blogsite, I keep on telling any of my german friends to visit your sites...............
PLEASE KEEP ON WRITING,DRAWING,SHOUTING OUT YOUR SADNESS, YOUR ANGER, YOUR FEAR!!
IN MY THOUGHTS AND MY HEART I´M WITH YOU
I`m praying and meditating for you all, EVERY DAY, EVERY NIGHT,that`s all I can do besides signing petitions and going on the streets to show my anger on what they do to LUBNAN.
I send all my LOVE to you, keep the HOPE

 
At Tuesday, August 08, 2006 , Blogger Piece of My Mind said...

Prayers are bein offered daily for peace in ur nation n innocent souls bein sacrificed in this fight for power. Pls dont giv up, if only this ended right here, right now...Prayers n wishes for the tragedy to end soon...

 
At Wednesday, August 09, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Wednesday, August 09, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home