Friday, March 19, 2010

Happy Feast Day - St Joseph

Today is the first time I celebrate  St. Joseph's day without my grandfather, a pious and devoted man who taught me much by way of example and whose generous smile and cheerful nature helped him provide for his family the stable loving environment that made us all blossom... with the care and gentleness he possessed...

As I get ready to embark on a new adventure in my life, I feel his guiding hand near, and I remember him with a big smile, and a firm hand, and a willingness to work to achieve my goal*dream. I also promise to indulge in some tasty desserts, in memory of his sweet tooth and our shared secret moments!

Join me in offering the Prayer below on behalf of all those, including myself who are on a journey of self-discovery.


Prayer to Know One's Vocation
O great St. Joseph, you were completely obedient to the guidance of the Holy Spirit. Obtain for me the grace to know the state of life that God in His providence has chosen for me. Since my happiness on earth, and perhaps even my final happiness in heaven, depends on this choice, let me not be deceived in making it. Obtain for me the light to know God's Will, to carry it out faithfully, and to choose the vocation which will lead me to a happy eternity. Amen.
Almighty God, You entrusted to the faithful care of Joseph the beginnings of the mysteries of man's salvation. Through his intercession may Your Church always be faithful in her service so that Your designs will be fulfilled. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home